APIthon Bangalore: Hacking to Glory
"learning new ways of programming—and not just learning but hacking to glory by building cool new, contextually rich experiences"
Dozens of developers, on 16 teams, designed and built apps using 3-tier architecture principles as well as some cool mashup APIs. Participants coded against APIs from AT&T, Earth Networks, Pearson, Worldbank, Gracenote, Philips Hue, Cheezeburger, and Sears.
It was 36 hours filled with talent, enthusiasm, and fun—not to mention amazing productivity. The winning apps give a taste of just how creative and diverse the innovation:
- Wrapper over Apigee mobile SDK to support in-app feedback: This team extended the Apigee SDK, and integrated into push notifications.
- Mashup of APIs: This team plugged into the Android shell and enabled users to get a whole bunch of search results from several APIs in one go.
- Multiplayer Game: This team built a multi-player pattern match game on Apigee. Pretty cool!
- Connected Bike: Tying into the vision of a programmable world, this team used Arduino / Raspberry Pi to instrument the bike with various sensors, and used Apigee to upload and store data.
- Extreme Dev Platform: This team built a developer tool that integrates collaborative API development.
If you were there, thank you for your participation and we hope you enjoyed the experience. If you were not, we hope to see you next time. It was an awesome way to spend the weekend, and we look forward to the next hackathon!