You will work closely with product and engineering teams to deliver delightful user experience solutions for Apigee's products. You are a user experience expert and you'll use that knowledge in various project and product contexts, providing leadership, an understanding of industry trends and best practives, and project management skills to help drive cross-functional teams to feature delivery. You are a team player interested in helping to foster and develop the user experience design practive at Apigee in concert with your UX teammates.
- Sketch, wireframe, prototype and iterate quickly and effectively.
- Create engaging, effective visual design solutions for web interfaces that help to achieve business goals.
- Collaborate with project stakeholders and developers to optimize for customer needs, business constraints, and technological realities.
- Understand usability testing processes and can take data from those tests and incorporate into future iterations.
- Create pixel perfect mocks for the development team (pixel perfect means you are fastidious about your labeling and organization of layers in Photoshop...literally not a pixel out of place).
- Strong understanding of the capabilities and limitations of Drupal, HTML and other web development platforms (you do not need to be able to code).
- Understand the agile process and feel comfortable working within it.
- Available to be onsite in Palo Alto daily.
- 5-10 years of UX experience delivering high-volume, high-profile, software and/or websites.
- Expert ability using Photoshop, Illustrator, and Omnigraffle. Working understanding of Bootstrap is a big bonus.
- Can work well with internal and external developers and other stakeholders to get the job done efficiently and effectively.
- Communication is key. You are great at it. You present your ideas clearly and you can negotiate to make sure the solution meets the business need.
- Previous start-up experience is a plus.
- Your portfolio demonstrates innovative thinking and you care about craft.
- We don't care about awards or patents. We care about making products that are easy and delightful for our customers to use. If that sounds like you, send us your resume and link to your portfolio.