SANTA CLARA, CA--(Marketwire - May 25, 2011) - Apigee, the leading provider of API products and services, today announced it now processes more than 40 billion API calls per month on its platform. The company's growth indicates a dramatic acceleration of businesses adopting an API strategy to engage developers and reach millions of customers on mobile, social and cloud platforms through third-party apps.
Apigee customers today include many of the world's leading global brands, including Comcast, GameSpy, TransUnion Interactive, Navteq, The Knot and Constant Contact, as well as enterprises across the media, financial, telecommunications, marketing and services industries.
"Businesses can no longer count on customers coming to them -- they must go to the customer," said Chet Kapoor, CEO, Apigee. "Our momentum is a strong indication that more organizations are strategically opening up their Web services and data through APIs to third-party application development, enabling them to reach customers wherever they are -- on new devices and on applications beyond the browser. There is a profound technical and business shift towards APIs as an enabling force for the new Web, and as a leading API management platform, we are in a unique position to track this."
Apigee provides an industrial-grade API platform to help companies of all sizes open their data and services via APIs and fuel their mobile, multichannel and innovation strategies. The Apigee API platform helps enterprises reduce the complexity of providing APIs, drive developer adoption, analyze and understand API usage, and easily scale as customers' API channels grow. Apigee also provides free tools that make it easier for developers and providers to explore and use APIs.
Highlights of the Apigee fiscal year ending April 30, 2011 include:
- Apigee's technology now manages over 40 billion API requests per month. Apigee's management platform gives customers analytics, security, scalability and control over API traffic.
- Over 200 customers now use Apigee Enterprise technology.
- Apigee's free developer tools are used by leading API platforms including Twitter, LinkedIn, PayPal, Zappos and Groupon.
- Apigee launched Apigee StartUp Cloud, an API management platform for startups, small and medium enterprises and other growing platforms.
- Apigee launched Apigee To-Go, a free product to let API providers build, brand and embed their own API Consoles; and Apigee Source, a free product to allow Twitter developer to rapidly prototype apps and generate example code.
Apigee is the leading provider of API products and technology for enterprises and developers. Over 200 enterprises like Comcast, GameSpy, TransUnion Interactive, Guardian Life and Constant Contact and thousands of developers use Apigee's technology. Enterprises use Apigee for visibility, control and scale of their API strategies. Developers use Apigee to learn, explore and develop API-based applications. Learn more at www.apigee.com.