Unique hands-on display to immerse attendees in the IoT with the world’s first digitally connected e-bike, a connected car and home automation gadgets
SAN JOSE, Calif. – Apigee® today released new details about the “I Love APIs” conference to be held Sept. 8-10, 2014 in San Francisco, featuring an immersive Internet of Things (IoT) exhibit showcasing industry-first innovations moving the IoT from buzzword to reality. The conference is expected to draw a crowd of 1,200 attendees with a marquee line-up of speakers including chief technology officers (CTOs) from Walgreens and Burberry. Registration for the “I Love APIs” conference is now open here.
Through hands-on demonstrations, the exhibit will illustrate the IoT in action. Attendees will gain an up-close look at how key IoT trends are taking shape:
- Connected car: Ford will showcase the OpenXC platform, a research platform that enables DIY applications and pluggable modules for cars with its data-focused API.
- E-bike: Swisscom will feature the world’s first digitally connected e-bike, the Stromer ST2. With intelligent wireless interaction enabled through the cloud, owners can remotely communicate with the bike through their smartphones, tracking vital statistics, tuning performance, tracking location, and activating anti-theft settings.
- Home automation: Zuli will showcase smart plugs which automatically adjust lights and appliances, detecting individual preferences and presence based on smartphone proximity.
- Programmable microcontrollers: Tessel will showcase its programmable microcontroller, which simplifies development for the IoT. Tessel empowers developers to transform physical objects into connected ones by streamlining the act of pushing code to devices, enabling climate, light and motion-sensing capabilities.
In addition to the interactive IoT exhibit, the conference will feature leaders from Fortune 100 companies discussing their strategies for driving digital business in today’s app-centric, mobile world across five jam-packed tracks. Formally announced speakers include:
- Walgreens CTO: Abhi Dhar
- Burberry CTO: John Douglas
- McCormick CIO: Jerry Wolfe
- eBay Head of Big Data: Tim Domke
- Target Senior Group Manager (Target Technology Services): Heather Sullivan
- Kohl's Director, Big Data Engineering: Gautam Kotwal
- DirecTV, senior vice president of IT strategy and innovation: Frank Palase
- Former CTO of the United States: Aneesh Chopra
“We’ve recruited some of the brightest minds in the business to show and tell how they’re leading digital transformation,” said Chet Kapoor, Apigee CEO. “With three days of hands-on content and demonstrations, ‘I Love APIs’ will provide attendees with the front-row insight they need to understand the key elements of today’s digital world, such as APIs, the IoT and predictive analytics. These trends aren’t just buzzwords, they are forces changing the market. This conference will provide digital leaders the knowledge they need to begin putting digital acceleration into high-speed gear.”
Held at the historic Fort Mason in San Francisco, “I Love APIs” provides a unique setting with waterfront views and all-you-can-eat lunch catered by the Bay Area’s most popular food trucks. Attendees will be able to network with the movers and shakers of today’s digital world over cocktails and conversation at a welcome reception Sept. 8 and an evening party Sept. 9. Apigee is also offering a “Harvest Networking Lunch and Wine Tour” in Napa Valley on Sept. 11 to complement the Northern California experience.
Register here with discount code: SPECIALPR to receive $50 off the registration fee.
For the latest updates on events, speakers, and registration, go to http://iloveapis2014.com/.
Twitter: Follow the conference at #iloveapis
Apigee provides the leading technology platform for digital business acceleration. Through APIs and big data, Apigee delivers the speed, scale and agility any business needs to compete in today’s connected mobile world. Many of the world’s largest and most respected organizations have selected Apigee to enable their digital business, including 20 percent of the Fortune 100 and 25 percent of the world’s most admired companies. Apigee customers include global enterprises such as Walgreens, eBay, Shell, Live Nation, Kaiser Permanente and Sears. Apigee is headquartered in San Jose, California and has about 500 employees worldwide.
Connect with Apigee
Apigee blog: https://blog.apigee.com/front
# # #
Apigee is a registered trademark in the U.S. Other product or company names mentioned may be trademarks or trade names of their respective companies.