Software-Defined Networking (SDN) is a shift in network-based computing based on breaking existing physical boundaries on switches, routers, and controllers through well-defined APIs. This new era of networking innovation through software, driven by APIs and apps is creating increasingly agile, flexible and robust networking configurations. API management becomes a critical component to build, manage and scale apps for the programmable datacenter.
- The evolution of SDN and emergence of software controlled networks and the programmable datacenter
- APIs as the key point of control in the new datacenter
- The components of the Apigee API Management solution optimized for SDN architectures
- Improving network performance, routing data based on business needs, and enabling Internet-scale applications communications with API management
- Making SDN controller software easier to program and manage, while gaining control, visibility, and analytics for the apps that use the SDN APIs