Enterprises have complex business needs that must fit a variety of commercial relationships. Apigee provides the flexibility to chose from different types of monetization models, providing plans related to an individual, groups of developers, or the entire developer community; providing management of API provider organizational hierarchies that cater to tax, currency and payment gateway requirements. Monetization models can be customized to meet complex requirements and include:
- Revenue Sharing Model: Paying developers for the usage of your APIs based on purchase of your services.
- Fee-based Model: Developer pays you for API usage
- Freemium Model: An offer for an initial set of usage for free, and then charge as the developer’s API usage grows
- Developers can stay on top of their API transactions – explore, compare, and buy API products, manage limits and usage and carry out payments and other financial transactions, all within the developer portal.
- Developers also have access to monetization reports, giving them the ability to:
- view all their billing types such as prepaid plans and also top up any pre-paid balances.
- view all invoices and statements (such as revenue share) and receive these either from Edge Monetization directly or through integrations with backend financial systems
- Developers can be notified about new and updated products, packages, changes in plans and terms and conditions. Developers can monitor utilization based on limits associated with their purchases.
MONETIZATION REPORTS, LIMITS, NOTIFICATIONS
- Monetization reports provide API Providers with visibility into the monetization performance of digital assets.
- Edge handles metering and monitoring for monetization purposes based on out-of-the-box and custom attributes which can be anything relevant to the business.
- Limits are managed at a generic level or at high levels of granularity. This is especially important as the channel grows across apps, APIs, partners and internal business units.
- Edge monetization capabilities include a number of options for automated notifications – for the API Provider, a specific developer, or for all developers – enabling API Providers and developers to leverage the most ideal and up-to-date packages.