A custom report dashboard is a dashboard that lets you visualize API analytics data from a previously created custom report. A custom report is a way to specify precisely what you want to measure across your API program. For instance, you can measure all API traffic generated from a specific client IP address. For information on creating custom reports, see Create custom reports.
About the beta version: The new beta version of the custom report dashboard includes these new features:
- New look and feel - Streamlined and consistent with other dashboards.
- Dispersion charts - Shows the range of values over the selected time period for certain metrics.
- Analyze buttons - Click Analyze in the API Summary table to see more metrics, including Compare to Previous Period and Analyze Anomolies.
You can arrange up to four custom report dashboards in a single custom reports dashboard. See Custom reports dashboard for details.
A Custom Report dashboard (classic version)
Custom report dashboards are similar in look and feel to other dashboards; however, the data that's displayed depends on which metrics and drilldown dimensions you selected when you created a corresponding custom report. See Custom reports dashboard for details.
- Click Analytics in the main menu.The landing page lists all the available custom reports.
- The Reports table lists the following elements:
- Report name: Name of the report.
- Environment: The environment in your org from which data is collected.
- Metric: The primary measure specified for the report.
- Report Description: The description of the report.
- Last Modified: The date and time when the report was last modified.
- Click on a report to view its custom dashboard.
Notice the Accuracy slider. The slider allows you to trade off performance versus accuracy in the report. Slide the slider to the "Fast" setting to produce the fastest results. When you do this, a smaller sample size is used to produce the report. Slide the slider to the middle setting and a larger sample is used. Slide the slider to the "Accurate" setting and the largest sample size (producing the most accurate report) is used. Because a larger sample size is used for the report, the results will not be produced as quickly as for the "Fast" setting.
A custom report not only enables you to view data for a period that you specify, such as the last week, but you can also view data from a previous period, such as the prior week. (Displaying data for a prior period is available only for line charts.) In this way, you can compare data for comparable periods of time. Check Compare to Previous Period to display data for the prior period. Data for a previous period is displayed in the line chart with a dotted line and marked in the table with an asterisk.
Help or comments?
- Something's not working: See Apigee Support.
- Something's wrong with the docs: Click Send Feedback in the lower right.
(Incorrect? Unclear? Broken link? Typo?)