You can use the admin portal to create App Services applications. An App Services application represents the data associated with your app. Through an application, you handle the entities associated with your app, including users, devices, events, and so on.
For more about how data in App Services fits together, see API BaaS Data model.
To create a new application with the admin portal:
- In the App Services admin portal, from the dropdown menu at the far top left, select the organization to which you will add the new application.
- Click the ADD NEW APP button, located at the top of the screen, next to the application drop-down.
- In the dialog box, enter a new application name, then click the Create button.
- Your new application will automatically be selected in the applications drop-down menu.
After you've created a new application, finish up by thinking about the following:
- Have you taken steps to make your application secure?
If this is going to be a production application used by an app publicly, be sure to configure security roles that provide only the level of access your users will need. (You should never use a sandbox application as a public database. A sandbox is for experimenting with example data.)