This set of Learning Paths is here to familiarize API and app developers with Apigee's Platform and how it can be leveraged to gather metrics for operational and business analysis.
Planning your Analytics program:
- Manage the performance of your API program to learn:
- What does the API team need to measure?
- What does the app developer need to measure?
- Data Analytics & API - Anant Jhingran on thinking about analytics as a peer of your APIs and the role analytics plays in having your API strategy succeed.
- API Metrics - What to Measure (video 56:34) for a strategic perspective on what types of data one should consider.
- Moving the Needle: Example API Metrics.
Apigee Analytic Services provides some out of the box metrics while providing the ability to customize data around your business needs. The links below will help you understand foundational functionality of Apigee Analytics:
- Monitor the Performance of Your API Program addresses the following business needs:
- Out-of-the-box charts
- Monitoring API performance across all API resources
- Monitoring API performance across locations
- Analyze Your API Program: Once your API is up and running, get at deeper understanding of what is happening and how it is performing.
- Access Saved Reports: View both out-of-the-box and custom reports! You can measure anything because the system not only provides 'out-of-the-box reports', it allows you to expose custom variables and create custom reports.
Use Mobile Analytics to detect, diagnose and ﬁx apps running on mobile devices. Understanding where your apps are successful and more importantly where they fail is becoming increasingly important. The following links will help achieve a baseline understanding of Mobile Analytics: