How the Apigee API Platform works
Here's the general flow of API managerment using the Apigee API Platform:
- Add and model your APIs.
- Configure your API. Secure, protect, and iteratively manage APIs for performance and availability using out-of-the-box policies.
- Trace API calls to make sure your API is working properly.
- Add API products. Bundle and package your APIs and data with service profiles to meet the business needs of your developers.
- Add developers. They can register themselves with your organization using a developer portal or be registered directly by an admin.
- After they're in the system, they can start creating apps and generating keys to gain access to your API products.
- Set up a developer portal to rapidly onboard app developers with developer self-provisioning, API documentation, and community management tools.
- Use analytics to deliver actionable insights on app and API behavior to business, operational, and developer groups.