Before your team can start using Apigee, you need to have an account, that is, an organization, and an account within that organization. Your organization was given an Apigee account as part of the set up. If you find that you don't have an account, contact Apigee Support. Support can also help if you need to delete an account.
If you're an administrator, you have access to the Admin tab where you can add and modify users. All new users are added as orgadmins which means that they can add new users or modify existing users.
In Apigee, user roles form the basis of role-based access, meaning that you can control what functions a person can access by assigning them a role. The following roles are available:
Note: You can configure more complex roles and permissions using the User API. See Setting up role-based access control in an organization for more.
The Organization Users table on the Admin tab lists all of the users attached to the current account. You can see the name of the current account by clicking Home. For each user you can see:
- Name: The name of the user you entered when you created the user.
- Role: The role of the user, which determines the degree of access. By default, all users have a user role that gives them full access to all features in Apigee
- Primary email: The email address you entered when you created the user.
Users of the management system are members of the API team who develop and test API, or run reports, not external developers. You can add developers through the Onboard tab or they can add themselves through your developer portal. To add a user:
- Click the Admin tab.
- Click + User. The "Add a User" screen appears.
- Enter the user's First Name, Last Name, and Email.
- Select the Role you want to offer to the users. Select either User or Administrator.
- Click Save.
The First Name, Last Name, and Email Address fields are editable, so if needed, you can change what you initially entered for the user. You can also change the role selection if needed.
There are two ways to delete a user:
- To remove a user from your account, select the user in the Organization Users table and click Delete. This only removes the user from the current account. If the user is a member of multiple accounts, they remain in the system.
- To remove a user from Apigee completely, contact Apigee Support.