We are building these Learning Paths around the most common scenarios and questions we've heard. They also identify parts of the architecture and underlying technologies that you should be aware of. Learning Paths are intended to help you quickly find answers to commonly asked questions as well as to familiarize you with various Apigee resources that we hope will help you find answers to questions we haven't yet considered here.
We will continue to build and improve this content and welcome and encourage your feedback. Please share it with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn About APIs and Apigee
- API Platform Architecture - learn the basics
- Understand what technology knowledge is necessary to effectively use Apigee to it's fullest
- Acquire foundational knowledge from Apigee's CTO and product team
Develop and Manage APIs
- Transform any data feed, web service, or 3rd party API into APIs incorporating RESTful API design principles
- Customize the behavior of your API by applying out-of-the-box policies or writing custom scripts
- Transform API messages with easy to use policies - XML, JSON, SOAP, etc.
- SSL vs. OAuth 1.0a vs. OAuth 2.0 - When and how to use to authorize requests to your APIs
- Preventing attacks, minimize vulnerabilities, manage client access
- User credentials on the API Platform - do's and dont's
- Control how much traffic flows through your API to protect back-end services
- Prioritize user consumption based on business requirements or usage patterns
- Use Response Caching to reduce latency and network traffic
- Working effectively with test and production environments
- Uploading, deploying and testing APIs during development
- Manage versions and revisions of your API
Engage your Audience
- Configure a developer portal to expose your API, provide resources, and build community
- Manage user accounts, provision developers, apps, API keys
- Get data to measure and understand how developers use your service
- Add and remove administrators and users in an Apigee "organization"
- Provision users and roles
- Control the actions that your admins and users are allowed on entities (APIs, API products, apps, developers, and reports) in an organization
Measure your Results
- Get end-to-end visibility into your API ecosystem from the API to mobile apps
- Manage the performance of your API program to learn what the API team needs to measure and what the app developer needs to measure
- Use Mobile Analytics to detect, diagnose and ﬁx apps running on mobile devices