This set of Learning Paths outlines common scenarios for getting started creating an API in the API Platform - from initial set up of your API, to configuring and customizing the logic to managing and manipulating data as they flow through the API.
Create an API facade (and an API proxy configuration) - includes
- Setting sever information for your API
- Managing API versions
- Adding API resources
- Handling API revisions
Enhance your app with third-party APIs - Twitter, Facebook, (maps), etc.
- Access data from an external service using service callout
Modify request/response headers
Conditionally execute logic based on request content
Customize API behavior based on error conditions
Paginate API responses
Paginating objects returned from a database.
Optimizing for mobile apps by selecting just the information your app needs as a partial response
Managing API Payloads
Orchestrate multiple API calls into a single response
- Assign values to a variable using assign message - Populate a message with content previously extracted
- Extract content from messages - JSON, XML, etc.
- Extract data from a message using extract variable - glean data from the message and make it available as variables