14.05.14 - Apigee Edge cloud release notes
On Tuesday, May 20, 2014, we released a new cloud version of Apigee Edge.
If you have questions, go to Apigee Customer Support.
For a list of all Apigee Edge release notes, see Apigee Edge Release Notes.
Following are the new features and enhancements in this release.
- apigee-access Node.js module
A new apigee-access Node.js module provides access to the following Apigee-specific functionality:
- Accessing and modifying flow variables within the Apigee message context
- Using the built-in distributed cache
You can use the apigee-access module by requiring
apigee-access in your code. You can also find it on NPM:
For usage information on apigee-access, download the NPM and review README.md.
- SOAP support
Edge includes the following enhancements for SOAP/WSDL API proxies:
- SOAP XML passthrough
- On the APIs home page in the Edge management UI, visual indicators of SOAP APIs
For details, see "Exposing a SOAP-based web service as an API proxy".
- Beta trace enhancements
The beta trace feature for API proxies includes the following features:
- For API proxies containing conditional flows, True and False icons indicating whether conditions evaluated to true or false
- An enhanced transaction timeline view that allocates less visual space to elements that take less than 1% of the total time, allowing more elements to be shown
- A new icon badge that indicates when a policy was skipped because the step condition evaluated to false
The following bugs are fixed in this release.
|Proxy deployment errors in UI||Changing and saving deployed proxies sometimes resulted in errors in the Edge management UI. This issue has been resolved.|
|5xx errors on responses||5xx HTTP errors occurred in situations where responses were complete according to the HTTP specification (no Content-Length or chunked encoding in target endpoint responses). Edge now treats those responses as complete.|
A NullPointerException was being thrown in the following situations:
The following message is now thrown instead: "Bundle is invalid. Unable to read/find APIProxy contents."
|Trace: IP address||Beta trace feature: In API proxy trace sessions, if a target server is defined with an IP address, the transaction details now display the target server IP address rather than labeling it as "undefined".|
|Memory leak in MPs||A memory leak in message processors has been fixed.|
|messageid in analytics||The messageid flow variable is now stored in Edge analytics.|
Help or comments?
- Something's not working: See Apigee Support.
- Something's wrong with the docs: Click Send Feedback in the lower right.
(Incorrect? Unclear? Broken link? Typo?)