Congrats to the Digital Accelerator Awards Finalists!
Congrats to all the 2015 Digital Accelerator Awards finalists! Our Twitter feed has been on fire with excitement from the finalists, who range from around the globe and across many industries.
They’ve created world-class API programs, built and rebuilt their businesses around digital, and fundamentally enhanced the value they bring to customers, partners, and employees.
We’re looking forward to handing awards to the category winners and the winner of the overall “Top Digital Accelerator” award at the San Jose Tech Museum, where we’ll host an AWESOME party to kick off the I Love APIs conference on Oct. 12-14.
Here are the finalists in each category:
Top Digital Visionary
This category recognizes a business leader who had a positive change on his/her organization by leading enterprise innovation and transforming digital assets into new value for customers, partners and/or employees using APIs and data.
- Geraldine Calpin, senior vice president and global head of digital, Hilton Worldwide
- Chris Hewertson, chief technology officer, glh Hotels
- Matias Klein, vice president of strategic growth & innovation, McKesson Health Solutions
- Charlotte Yarkoni, president, Telstra Software Group
Top Digital Pioneer
This category recognizes a key strategic leader who is pioneering digital programs to break new ground in his or her respective industry, setting a new bar for using digital.
- John Calagaz, chief technology officer, CentraLite Systems
- Stewart Collis, chief technology officer; and Jeof Oyster, senior product manager, aWhere, Inc. (joint finalists)
- Brad Jaehn, vice president of global digital experience, McDonald’s
- Brad Maglinger, chief marketing officer, AOL/MapQuest
- Frederico Trajano, chief operations officer, Magazine Luiza
Top API Innovator
This category recognizes a technology leader who has driven the implementation of his/her company’s API program by building an effective team and executing on the company’s digital strategy.
- Steven Engelhardt, head of software architecture, Morningstar
- Frank Fitzlaff, head of API program, Swisscom
- Paul Friedman, vice president, business technology leadership, Humana
- Chris Hood, director of web technologies, digital marketing, Fox Broadcasting
- Edgar Kalns, head of products and engineering, 7
- Stephen Kinch, senior product manager, mobile and API, 7-Eleven
Top API Evangelist
This category recognizes a technology trailblazer who has been creating and managing world-class APIs enabling innovation and driving digital acceleration.
- Saori Fotenos, senior director of API platform, Thomson Reuters
- Jason Kobus, director fintech integration/API banking, Silicon Valley Bank
- Kay Lummitsch, technology evangelist for APIs, Swisscom
- Matthew Newton, enterprise architect, glh Hotels
- Drew Schweinfurth, developer evangelist, Walgreens
Best API Program
This category recognizes an organization with an outstanding API program that exemplifies innovation in strategy, design, developer experience, and support. The organization with the winning API program will have a well-defined plan and business model, a simple, flexible design, and it will have created business value.
- Cox Automotive
- Hilton Worldwide
- Thomson Reuters
Best Data Analytics for Digital Business
This category recognizes an organization that has driven the use of data analytics in their digital programs to provide new visibility and insight into their digital ecosystems, customers, or business.
- Fox Broadcasting
Top API for the IoT
The award recognizes an organization demonstrating ground-breaking innovation in creating a new experience or reinventing an existing experience by digitally enabling “things” such as wearables and other everyday devices. A successful IoT entry will use APIs to enable things to use data in new ways to enhance the way people live, work, and play.
- CentraLite Systems
Best Developer Experience
This category recognizes an organization with an outstanding developer program. The winning program will excel at enabling developer success, providing the right incentives to attract developers and encourage adoption; offering support and tools; and inviting interaction and feedback.
- First Data
Digital Business Excellence—Retail, Finance, Telecom, Healthcare
Winners in this category will be organizations in one of four industry verticals that demonstrate success toward digital transformation. The winners’ stories will show how a well-implemented digital strategy powered by data and delivered by APIs may increase business agility, improve time-to-market, and enhance customer interactions.
- 7- Eleven
- Magazine Luiza
- Silicon Valley Bank
- McKesson Health Solutions
- NTT Communications
- Swisscom AG
Again, congratulations to all the finalists. We hope you'll join us to celebrate their achievements at I Love APIs 2015 next month in San Jose!