API Design Best Practices
Web API Design: The Missing Link
Deliver Great Customer Experience
To stay competitive in today’s fast-paced digital economy organizations must quickly and easily deliver new experiences to customers, operate efficiently and securely, and take advantage of data-derived intelligence. To navigate the complexity associated with these new challenges, businesses need full lifecycle API management. As a leader in API management, Apigee works with hundreds of customers to develop and manage a large number of APIs.
In the ebook Web API Design: The Missing Link, you will learn about API design patterns, principles, and best practices that make it easy for developers to consume your APIs. You will learn the importance of high quality API design, explore examples of good design, and understand how design matters in developing successful APIs.
What You Will Learn
- Learn why API design matters and explore examples of good design.
- Understand the “pragmatic REST” API design approach and learn about restful APIs.
- Design Web APIs using proven design principles and best practices.
- See how to make design choices from the application developer's point of view to maximize developer productivity and success.
- Handle exceptions and errors gracefully. Create clear well-designed error messages to provide context for developers using your APIs. Align errors with HTTP status codes.
- Create simple intuitive APIs to make it easy for developers to learn how to use your API.
- Create simple URLs that work with HTTP verbs, develop naming consistency, and remove complexities when handling associations between resources and parameters.
Download our eBook now
Apigee: The Cross-Cloud API Platform.
Accelerate business with API control and visibility – across the enterprise and across clouds.