Former U.S. CTO Aneesh Chopra to Keynote “I love APIs” Conference
First annual event will bring together the technology and business innovators shaping today's connected, mobile world built on apps, data and APIs
Apigee today announced that Aneesh Chopra, the former chief technology officer (CTO) for the United States, will deliver a keynote address at the first annual I love APIs Conference, November 4-6, 2013 in San Francisco. Mr. Chopra will discuss the promise of open innovation to unlock growth markets in health, energy and education.
"I love APIs" will feature dozens of sessions led by the business and technology innovators shaping today's exploding digital world built on apps, data and APIs. Conference attendees will walk away with the knowledge and skills to build powerful, data-driven mobile apps, leverage data for a competitive advantage, and innovate with new digital strategies.
“In an increasingly digital environment, effectively harnessing information technology and data is the key to driving innovation and growth, both in the public and private sector,” said Chopra. “The "I love APIs" conference will provide a rich environment to learn from and collaborate with those who are defining success in a connected mobile economy.”
"I love APIs" attendees will learn, share and experience how to transform digital assets into engines of innovation through two-and-a-half days of business and technology sessions across three concurrent tracks:
- Business track – “Digital Transformation:” Attendees will hear from the industry’s leading visionaries and executives who are leveraging apps, data and APIs to redefine the future of business across industries through digital transformations.
- Developer track – “Show me the code!:” Hear best practices and cutting-edge thinking for building apps and APIs. Includes a hands-on coding workshop or a deep dive into advanced topics in API-backend Web and mobile app development.
- Apigee Product Track – “Deep Dive:” Get the latest information and demos from Apigee technologists. Attendees will find out how to build cutting-edge apps, expose data and services securely with APIs, and build data-powered apps and businesses.
Conference attendees will hear from the visionaries and technologists defining digital business, including:
- Torsten Boettjer – Vice President of Strategy & Innovation, Swisscom
- Bill Gajda - Global Head, Strategic Partnerships, Visa
- Michael Hart, Founder and CEO, attune
- Jin Lee, Senior Managing Director, Accenture Mobility
- Dick Lynch - President of FB Associates, LLC
- Carole McCluskey – CTO, Outerwall, Inc.
- Madhu Nutakki – Vice President of Digital Presence Technologies, Kaiser Permanente
- Nick Pudar – Director, Developer Ecosystem, GM Global Connected Consumer
- Haydn Shaughnessy, Research Fellow, The Center for Digital Transformation, UC Irvine School of Business and author of “The Elastic Enterprise”
Other technology, developer and business strategy sessions will be led by the experts at Apigee, including Sam Ramji, vice president of strategy, Brian Mulloy, head of Apigee Labs, and Bryan Kirschner, director of the Apigee Institute.
“Every business today must have a comprehensive digital strategy to stay relevant and compete,” said Chet Kapoor, Apigee CEO. “The "I love APIs" conference is designed for the developers building apps, the IT architects establishing technology direction, and the business leaders helping redefine their organization for the new digital economy. The conference promises to deliver a potent mix of deeply experienced technologists alongside some of the industry's most influential business leaders – in the unmatched locale of the San Francisco waterfront in early November."
"I love APIs" Call for Papers Open Until September 20
Come share your experiences, perspectives, and real world stories about navigating today's app economy and your digital transformation journey. Speaking proposals can be submitted here.
Speakers at I love APIs receive a complimentary conference pass.
Early Bird Discount Until September 6
Register here before September 6 to receive the Early Bird discount.
Apigee enables enterprises and developers to succeed in a dynamic, connected mobile world. The company's offerings – Apigee Enterprise, Insights and Apigee API Exchange – help businesses quickly build high-performing, end-to-end mobile platforms with apps, data and APIs. Apigee customers include global enterprises such as Walgreens, eBay, Shell, Live Nation, Bechtel, Marks & Spencer and Vodafone. The company's headquarters are in Palo Alto, California. To learn more, go to www.apigee.com.
# # #
Apigee is a registered trademark in the U.S. Other product or company names mentioned may be trademarks or trade names of their respective companies.