- Increased competition especially with the over the top (OTT) solutions.
- Imperative for new business models as traditional service revenue diminishes.
- Long development cycles stymie innovation and increase time to market.
- Partnerships with OTT providers to transform threats to opportunities.
- Self-provisioning for connectivity and bandwidth, real-time changes to QoS, and orchestration of networks with cloud services.
- Software defined networks (SDN) via APIs enabling programmatic control of provisioning, system admin, and portal interactions.
Increase developer and partner productivity, reduce development time, and grow ecosystems with API-based services
Manage & Scale
Gain the enterprise-grade manageability, reliability, and scale required for global, mission critical operations
Securely expose services and data via APIs to leverage existing assets and compete with OTT providers
Grow partner ecosystems and drive additional value for consumers and enterprise customers
Since the mid 1990’s, Swisscom has transformed from a state owned telephony provider to a versatile communications, Internet, and IT service provider for residential and enterprise customers and the biggest telecom industry player in Switzerland.
In order to secure its position as market leader, and with revenue streams declining in core areas like voice and messaging, the company is investing in new business models. Learn how the Swisscom API program and API Factory is transforming its business.
Call centers, mobile apps, websites, kiosks, and points-of-sale are all part of a mobile network operators digital ecosystem, with consumers increasingly accessing services on various devices but from multiple accounts based on passwords. To drive increased value to customers, reduce costs of service, and deliver intelligent connected experiences, operators must deliver unprecedented ease-of-use and identity security across all touchpoints.