Make adjustments to traffic details
Monetization allows you to make adjustments to the traffic details recorded by API Services for your API products. Adjustments may be necessary for a variety of reasons, for example, due to discrepancies with your own records.
Make adjustments only if you can justify amending the API Services records.
You can use the management UI to make adjustments to traffic details. You do this on the Adjustments page.
To make an adjustment:
- On the Monetization tab, select Adjustments.
This opens the Adjustments page.
- Click +Post Adjustment.
This opens the Post Adjustment page.
- Enter the following information:
Field Description Billing Month
The billing month for the adjustment. Select a month from the drop-down list. Only "open" months are listed. These are complete calendar months for which you have not yet published the billing documents. After you publish billing documents for a month, that month is "closed". You cannot make an adjustment for a closed month.
A descriptive name that will appear on the billing document.
The amount of the adjustment, as a positive or negative percentage. A positive percentage adjusts up the revenue share or fees in the transaction by that percentage. A negative adjustment adjusts down the revenue share or fees in the transaction by that percentage. Enter a positive or negative decimal number (with up to two decimal places).
The API package for which you want to apply the adjustment. You cannot apply a single adjustment to multiple API packages. If you need to apply an adjustment to multiple API packages, create an adjustment for each package. Select an API package from the drop-down menu.
The API product for which you want to apply the adjustment. You cannot apply a single adjustment to multiple API products. If you need to apply an adjustment to multiple API products, create an adjustment for each product. Select an API product from the drop-down menu.
The type of transaction for which you want to apply the adjustment. You can apply the adjustment to all transactions (by default) or to a specific transaction. Select "All transactions" or a specific transaction type from the drop-down menu. The specific transaction types are:
- Charge (for charging model transactions).
- Purchase (for revenue sharing model transactions).
- Refund (for revenue sharing model transactions).
The developer for whom you want to apply the adjustment. You can apply the adjustment to all developers (by default) or to a specific developer. Select "All Developers" or a specific developer from the drop-down menu.
Any adjustment that you make for a specific developer always overrides any adjustments made across all developers.
- Click Save to save the adjustment (or Cancel to cancel).
You can view both open adjustments and closed adjustments. An open adjustment is an adjustment that has not yet been applied in published billing documents. A closed adjustment is an adjustment that has been applied in published billing documents.
You can edit an open adjustment. You cannot edit a closed adjustment.
To view adjustments:
- On the Adjustments page, select a billing month from the drop-down list.
- Click Open Adjustments to view the open adjustments, or Closed Adjustment to view the closed adjustments.
To edit an open adjustment:
- Click Edit in the Action column for the applicable adjustment.
This opens an Edit Adjustment page.
- Update the adjustment, as needed. You can change the name and adjustment percentage. However, you cannot change the initial API Package, API Product, Transaction Type, or Developer selections. You can remove an adjustment, by making the adjustment percentage 0.
- Click Save to save the adjustment edits (or Cancel to cancel).
For help, see Apigee Customer Support.
Monetization gives you the flexibility to issue credits to a developer. You might need to do this if a developer is unsatisfied with a service and requests a partial or full refund on usage for a period. Learn how to issue credit in Manage credit .
Help or comments?