14.04.16 - Apigee Developer Services Portal Release Notes
On Wednesday, April 16, 2014, we released version 14.04.16 of the Apigee Developer Services portal for the cloud only.
If you have questions, go to Apigee Customer Support.
Following are the new features and enhancements in this release.
- Beta release of SmartDocs for the portal
The Beta release of SmartDocs lets you document your APIs on the Developer Services portal in a way that makes the API documentation fully interactive. By creating an interactive documentation on your APIs, you make it easy for portal user to learn, test, and evaluate your APIs. For more, see Using SmartDocs to document APIs.
- SSL enabled by default on cloud-based production portal
SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) is the standard security technology for establishing an encrypted link between a web server and a web client, where the client is typically a browser or an app. An encrypted link ensures that all data passing between the web server and the client remains private. With this release of the Developer Services portal, SSL is enabled by default. That means requests to the portal can now use the secure https:// protocol instead of the insecure http:// protocol.
The way SSL works with the portal depends on the portal environment:
- Development and test environments: Requests can use http:// or https://. Requests over https:// use the Apigee SSL certificate. Free trial customers can use the development and test environments, but cannot push to the live production environment until they become paid customers.
- Live environment: If you use SmartDocs, or if you want to encrypt portal data transfers, then you require https:// and your own SSL certificate. In addition, you have to enable and configure the Drupal Secure Pages module to automatically redirect http:// requests to https://.
For more information, see Using SSL on the portal.
- Hot Topics view on the Home page replaced by SmartDocs view
In previous portal releases, the default Home page contained the Hot Topics view. That view has been replaced with the Weather Model Overview view for this release, which displays the SmartDocs Weather API. You can optionally add the Hot Topics view back to the Home page. For more, see Add blog and forum posts.
The following bugs are fixed in this release.
|Remove developer from company profile||You can now remove a developer from a company profile.|
|Rubik theme||Released a patch for the Rubik theme.|
|Tables in the Drupal WYSIWYG editor||Tables are now supported in the Drupal WYSIWYG editor.|
This release includes several bug fixes for Monetization:
|App details tabs||The 'Products' and 'Details' tabs on the app details page are now working correctly.|
Help or comments?