4.14.04.02 - Apigee Edge on-premises release notes
On Friday, June 6, 2014, we released a new patch for the on-premises version of Apigee Edge.
If you have questions, go to Apigee Customer Support.
For a list of all Apigee Edge release notes, see Apigee Edge Release Notes.
Following are the new features and enhancements in this release.
- JMS for multi-datacenter deployments
JMS listeners are now deployed to all routers, allowing inbound JMS endpoints to be deployed in multi-datacenter environment.
- Connection handling
Edge provides better client and internal connection handling for scenarios involving high concurrency and backend service timeouts.
- Beta trace enhancements
The beta trace feature for API proxies includes the following features:
- For API proxies containing conditional flows, True and False icons indicate whether conditions evaluated to true or false.
- An enhanced transaction timeline view allocates less visual space to elements that take less than 1% of the total time, allowing more elements to be shown.
- A new icon badge indicates when a policy was skipped because the step condition evaluated to false.
- Informational tooltips appear when you hover the mouse pointer over policies in the Transaction Map.
The following bugs are fixed in this release.
|Multiple virtual hosts||An issue preventing multiple virtual hosts from using the same port has been fixed.|
|Unreachable routers and JMS||When a router was set to be unreachable (reachable=false), it was still processing JMS messages. Now, routers set to reachable=false are unsubscribed from the JMS queues for all deployed JMS API proxies.|
|JMS reconnection||After a long period in which a JMS provider was unavailable, JMS reconnection was not occurring. This issue has been fixed.|
|Message processor shutdown||Shutting down message processors sometimes caused clients to remain in a hanging state or receive 503 errors. This issue has been fixed.|
|IBM WebSphere connection||An error during connection to IBM WebSphere JMS has been fixed.|
|Proxy deployment errors in UI||Changing and saving deployed proxies sometimes resulted in errors in the Edge management UI. This issue has been fixed.|
|Custom roles beta: API creation||An issue preventing users in a custom role from uploading API proxy bundles has been fixed.|
|Custom roles beta: read-only rights||Users in a custom role with read-only rights were seeing the following message: "Error while Seeing if the organization has Developers." The issue has been fixed.|
|Beta Trace: server port number||In the API proxy editor, when working with a proxy URL containing a port number, switching to the Trace view removed the port number from the URL. This issue has been fixed.|
|Beta Trace: IP address||In API proxy trace sessions, if a target server is defined with an IP address, the transaction details now display the target server IP address rather than labeling it as "undefined".|
Help or comments?
- Something's not working: See Apigee Support.
- Something's wrong with the docs: Click Send Feedback in the lower right.
(Incorrect? Unclear? Broken link? Typo?)